Autonomous Management Framework (AMF)
AMF increases network intelligence and control with centralized management.
Allied Telesis Autonomous Management Framework™ (AMF) delivers real and immediate value to businesses by solving one of IT’s most pressing needs. It provides a converged infrastructure that can be managed as a single entity, reducing complexity and TCO, and allowing more to be done with less.
Users of AMF get:
- Unified network management from any device across the network.
- Network automation that simplifies and automates tasks across the network.
- Network intelligence that reacts to changes within the network, and automatically changes the topology of the network.
- Automatic backup, restore and recovery of devices as they are added to the network.
Managing network infrastructure is time intensive, costly and has traditionally required expensive, third-party applications to effectively manage larger networks. Cloud computing and converged infrastructures deliver a great deal of business value to the enterprise, but they also add complexity. In turn, networks must be more fluid and evolve at increasingly greater speeds in order to keep pace with the modern applications and service delivery models that are driving that complexity. For everything from virtualization to mobility and BYOD, networks must be able to keep pace with business. AMF helps IT do just that by greatly reducing the time and cost of managing network infrastructure.
AMF is an embedded technology native to Allied Telesis switches that delivers real and immediate value to businesses. Many enterprises see SDN as the ‘silver bullet’ to simplifying and optimizing the performance of their environment. While SDN may deliver agility and flexibility – which is particularly relevant for data centers and large enterprise organizations - the management and control of the network itself provides ongoing challenges. The most pressing needs of many organisations demand a single, converged infrastructure that can be managed as a single entity, reducing complexity and TCO and allowing more to be done with less.
AMF achieves this and more by delivering:
- Unified network management from any device across the network
- Graphical management of the network with Vista Manager
- Private or public cloud deployment options with AMF Cloud
- Network automation that simplifies and automates tasks across the network
- Network intelligence that reacts to changes within the network and automatically changes the topology of the network
- Automatic backup, restore, and recovery of devices as they are added to the network
Through this combination of robust features, AMF drives lower network operating expenses by reducing the complexity and level of effort required to maintain the network. One Allied Telesis customer has reported a 60% reduction in operational costs by deploying AMF.